Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links that if clicked on or the item is purchased I may receive a small compensation for.
Thank you so much, Lureta for the nomination! It means so much to me that you have found value in the words within my blog. It is my aim and greatest honor to speak encouragement and truth into the lives of others.
Part of the purpose of The Liebster Award is to recognize others who are newer to the blogging world and to build the blogging community. It’s a kind of “digital shout out” so to speak.
I would like to nominate…
Nikki & Katie from Caffeinated Curls
Kimberly from Kimberly Danielle Portraits
Tabitha from The Caffeinated Wordsmith
Tiara from The Emancipated Butterfly Project
Maryann from Coming to Light
Molly from The Grace Between
Laura from Missionary Mama
Should they choose to accept, here are my suggestions for some “getting to know you” responses!
- Who inspires you in life?
- What is one thing you can’t life without?
- Describe your perfect weekend.
- Share a favorite quote.
- Who is someone you would absolutely love to meet or be friends with (your spirit animal if you will)?
- What is one of your favorite blogs or youtube accounts to follow?
- What is your biggest passion?
- Share a bit of wisdom that you think others need to hear.
- Where is one place you’d like to travel to?
- Favorite binge-worthy show?
Since both Kim and Lureta submitted ten questions as a part of the Liebster Award process, I decided to combine them by taking half of each of their sets of prompts to answer.
So, here we go!
- Share the mission of your blog.
The mission of this site is to create a space for the discussion of important issues. I am passionate about theology and the need for truth in our world today. It is my hope that we can grow together in our knowledge or the Word and our relationship with Christ alongside one another.
- Who is your favorite author/favorite book?
I admire so many writers, but currently, my “favorite” would probably be Nabeel Qureshi. Nabeel has an amazing testimony and one that will challenge and encourage your faith. He actually just recently passed away, but even when death was near, he continued to be a man of great faith, whose goal was to reveal Truth to everyone. Nabeel wrote these books:
Answering Jihad: A Better Way Forward
Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity
No God but One: Allah or Jesus?: A Former Muslim Investigates the Evidence for Islam and Christianity
- In your free time, what do you most like to do?
I love to explore new places! Whether it’s a new coffee shop or a new city, finding little adventures in daily things keeps life exciting!
- Busy city life or quiet country life?
I love taking the time to get away to more remote locations from time to time, but I will probably always prefer the hustle and bustle of the big city!
- Where would you go for a dream vacation?
Ugh, I made the decision years ago to always go wherever I have the opportunity. But right now, my dream vacation is probably a trip to Israel. I hope to go someday soon!
- Tea or Coffee?
Absolutely, 100% coffee 😉
- Which of your blog post is your favorite and why?
So hard! I think “Deeply” although it was one of the most difficult to write, it helped me to process a very difficult season, and I believe that walking through it has enabled me to become more effective in my ability to minister to others.
- Favorite place you ever traveled to?
So far, I might have to say Scotland, although Turkey is near and dear to my heart as well!
- Where do you find inspiration for what you blog about?
Life. I think our lives should always be a source of inspiration for us. I believe our stories are powerful and need to be shared with one another.
- If you have a profession other than writing, what is it?
Currently, I am a student of Kilns College, studying for my M.A. in Theology & Culture, and I work full time for Wings of Refuge, a nonprofit that provides a safe home for female survivors of sex trafficking.
One of my favorite blogs to follow…
I absolutely love Erica Barthalow. She is someone I have the honor of knowing in real life, beyond the computer screen, and I admire her dearly. Her faith journey is one that we can all learn from. She recently published her very first book, and I highly recommend it to anyone who has ever struggled with doubt. This book helped me to understand that God can speak to us in the midst of our doubts and fears and that he is sovereign enough not to be challenged by our doubts.
A few fun facts about me:
- I have lived in Cedar Rapids, San Diego, Portland, and Istanbul
- I have traveled to 8 (soon to be 9) countries (shout out to Whitney)
- One of my goals for the next year or so is to publish my own book
- I am a licensed pastor with the Assemblies of God
- I love staying in hotels
- My hair is naturally very curly
- I love Grey’s Anatomy and Blue Bloods
- Growing up I wanted to be an astronaut or an actress
- I would love to adopt someday
I wear a top knot almost daily. No shame in the bun game.
How fun! Thanks again ladies for the nomination! I love being a part of the blogging community! 🙂
OFFICIAL LIEBSTER 2017 AWARD RULES
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and choose to accept, write an article with the following:
- Acknowledge the person and their blog that nominated you and link back.
- Display the 2017 Liebster Award on your blog.
- Write a 150-300 word article about your favorite blog and provide a link.
- List 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs deserving of the award.
- List these rules in your post
- Inform your nominees that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post.
- Share the mission of your blog.